- Double Boiler
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter + 2 Tablespoons
- 2 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
- 2 oz Semisweet Chocolate
- 1 Cup Powder Sugar + 2 Tablespoons
- 2 whole Eggs
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 tps Meyers Dark Rum
- 1/2 Cup Flour All Purpose
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- With the 2 tablespoons of butter, coat the inside of 4 custard ramakins and place on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a double boiler melt the remaining stick of butter, bittersweet and semisweet chocolate until all ingredients are liquid, whisk to incorporate all ingredients.
- Add the sugar and stir until blended.
- Off the heat add the whole eggs and the egg yolks with the rum (if you would prefer vanilla you could use that, but this is a big night and the big finish).
- Stir in the flour and portion into the buttered ramakins.
- Whisk together the ½ cup whipping cream and 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar, you could add a little of that rum here as well. Whisk until it forms stiff peaks
- Place sheet pan in oven with the ramekins and bake until sides are firm and the center is soft, about 12 to 15 minutes. Take out and let rest for 1 minute. Invert into plate and garnish with the whipped cream.
You have made it to dessert and astounded your guest all along the way, no time to ease off now. Finish hard with this decadent hot chocolate cake. It will make your kitchen smell divine and get things moving in the right direction, chocolate is an aphrodisiac and molten chocolate is an aphrodisiac on crack.