- Double Boiler
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter + 2 Tablespoons
- 2 oz Bittersweet Chocolate
- 2 oz Semisweet Chocolate
- 1 Cup Powder Sugar + 2 Tablespoons
- 2 whole Eggs
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 tps Meyers Dark Rum
- 1/2 Cup Flour All Purpose
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- With the 2 tablespoons of butter, coat the inside of 4 custard ramakins and place on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a double boiler melt the remaining stick of butter, bittersweet and semisweet chocolate until all ingredients are liquid, whisk to incorporate all ingredients.
- Add the sugar and stir until blended.
- Off the heat add the whole eggs and the egg yolks with the rum (if you would prefer vanilla you could use that, but this is a big night and the big finish).
- Stir in the flour and portion into the buttered ramakins.
- Whisk together the ½ cup whipping cream and 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar, you could add a little of that rum here as well. Whisk until it forms stiff peaks
- Place sheet pan in oven with the ramekins and bake until sides are firm and the center is soft, about 12 to 15 minutes. Take out and let rest for 1 minute. Invert into plate and garnish with the whipped cream.