Cooking with Chef Dave
Wednesday – 4/15/2020
Description: During this Zoom event to cook along with Chef Dave as he makes his Pan Seared Salmon served over Mediterranean inspired pasta of your choice.
Be sure to check out his dinner series with >10 minute videos that walk you through the Appetizer, Main and Dessert courses of a nice dinner for two.
Pan Seared Bristol Bay Salmon
- 10' Sauté Pan
- Sauce Pot for Pasta Water
- Cutting Board
- Wine Glass
- 6 – 8 Oz Salmon Filet
- 1/2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Tbs Shallots Chopped
- 1 tsp Capers
- 1 Tbs Kalamata Olives
- 2 Tbs Roasted Red Bell Peppers Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomato
- 2 Tbs White Wine
- 3 Tbs Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbs Butter Unsalted
- 1 tsp Parsley Chopped
- 1 Tbs Parmesan Shredded
- 6 Oz Pasta Of your choice
- 1 Glass Wine Of your choice
- Start a pot of salted water to cook your pasta in. Depending on the type of pasta you are using it should take 8 to 12 minutes to reach al dente.
- Heat sauté pan over medium high heat, when desired temperature is reached add vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper both sides of salmon filet and place in pan with the skin side facing up. Take a sip of wine, also of your choice.
- Depending on thickness of filet, turn after 3 to 4 minutes. Add the pasta to your boiling water. You are looking for the development of a nice sear or ‘crust’. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes and remove from the pan and place on a resting plate on the back area of your stove.
- Using the same sauté pan, add the chopped shallots and toss quickly. We are not looking to brown the shallots, just to get them started cooking. If you feel the pan is too hot reduce the heat for the next few steps.
- Add capers, olives, roasted red pepper and cherry tomato toss quickly then deglaze with your wine, not the stuff in your glass.
- Test your pasta and if it is al dente remove from heat and strain from water.
- Add the heavy cream and reduce by half, this should only take about a minute.
- Swirl in the butter and add the hot pasta to finish cooking.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and plate. Topping with chopped parsley and shredded parmesan.
- Celebrate with more wine, you’re not driving tonight.